The Breeders Award Program (BAP) is designed to reward those members who have taken the next step in fish keeping and added breeding to their repertoire. These members are the ones that help keep the hobby and the club strong by providing a source of fish and other aquatic animals to share with the members at reduced prices and through this program are rewarded for their efforts. Members who participate in the program can receive various awards including Certificates that can only be received through this program and paid memberships to the DryWash Aquarium Society itself.
1. Obtain a pair or colony of the desired species to breed.
2. Observe and document the spawning process if possible.
3. Hatch and raise the fry (young).
4. Download and print a breeders submission form. (If you do not have a printer, skip this step)
5. Catch and pack 5 or more of the young fishes for submission (submissions become the property of the club and will be auctioned)
6. Turn in the form and the fish for acceptance or denial. (If you did not print a form, you may get one at the meeting)
Levels of Achievement
(suitable for framing) plus:
Level 6: A one year membership to DWAS
Level 7: A one year membership to DWAS
Level 8: A two year membership to DWAS
Level 9: A two year membership to DWAS
Level 10: A three year membership to DWAS
Level 11: A four year membership to DWAS
Level 12: A five year membership to DWAS
Level 13: A six year membership to DWAS
Level 14: A lifetime membership to DWAS